Position : Cook
Contact: Evadne Headley
Mobile: 0796 843 8097
Email: [email protected]
Project address: Ansty Road United Reform Church, 210 -214 Ansty Road, Wyken, Coventry CV2 3EY
Buses: 8, 85, 9, 9a, x30, x6
Must be able to prepare and cook predominately West Indian dishes for black elders. You must have an up to date Food Hygiene Certificate. If you do not have an up to date Food Hygiene Certificate you must be willing to undertake the exam which can be done online.
Work Day : Tuesday
Working Hours : 9.30am – 2.30pm (5hours)
Salary : £12.00 per hour
- Responsible for preparing and cooking a variety of cultural (West Indian) and non-cultural freshly cooked/baked healthy meals to a high standard and to serve our service users their meal.
- Must be able to operate kitchen equipment when required to prepare meals
- To ensure all meals prepared are presented to a high standard and quality
- Be able to prioritise workload and allocate tasks as required to volunteer Kitchen Assistant
- Ensure appropriate levels of food handling, cleanliness, health & safety, risk assessments are in operation at all times working to a high standard in the kitchen.
- Ensure meal preparation areas are kept clean and tidy. Wipe down dining tables prior to serving meals.
- All utensils, plates, bowls and cups being used on the day will be washed prior to use. Any equipment used must be washed and put away at the end of the day and the kitchen area left to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Supervision of volunteer Kitchen Assistant relating to food preparation and serving service users.
- To operate and use dishwasher and manually wash dishes and pots before and after use
- Must enjoy being around and supporting elderly people
- Must be honest, reliable, trustworthy and respectful
- Maintain good time-keeping and attendance
- Be professional at all times
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to start ASAP
- Must have or willing to undergo the necessary training for Level 2 in Food Hygiene
- You will be expected to provide appropriate certificate at time of interview
- Must have knowledge of Health & Safety in a kitchen environment
- Must be a team player, punctual and reliable and have the ability to work on own initiative
- Must be very organised and tidy in work environment
- Must have excellent personal hygiene standards and be clean and presentable at all times
- Must be able to take the initiative when called for
- Must enjoy being around elders
- Must be a good communicator and friendly
- Must be friendly and welcoming to service users
- Must be patient, polite and helpful when dealing with Service users
- Maintain a good working relationship with service users and staff
- Must be willing to work under Covid Guidelines due to service users’ vulnerability.
- An interview will be undertaken and an up to date CV will be required along with 2 referees and full contact details
- A Disclosure, Barring and Service (DBS) check will be undertaken if a valid one cannot be produced at the time of the interview
- Appropriate qualifications will be required at the time of interview (minimum of level 2 Food Hygiene)
- A Service Level Agreement (SLA) will be drawn up for the successful applicant.
Please call for an informal chat if you require any additional information about the position.